Tuesday, June 24, 2014

There is nothing like a clean horse!

So shinny but man did he stink





Monday after work we went up to the barn so I could lunge Henry. He has been turned out for a bit earlier in the day but I still wanted to work him. He was SO lazy.. normally he loves to run a scream in the lower big round arena/pen but nope... maybe he is grown up? It was in the 80's so not too hot.

I worked him in both directions... giving walk breaks... then some more work.

Cooled him out and then decided to give him a really fast "bath" .. he hasn't had a real bath is months. We are on water conservation so I just hosed him off and did a quick all in one body soap and called it good. Better then nothing right? At least I feel like he smells less. Still need to do a real bath, scrub his legs, wash his face, shampoo and deep condition his mane/tail and clean his man parts.

Then I conditioned his mane and tail, fly sprayed his body and loved on him before taking him back to his stall with a tiny bit of grain so that I could add his supplements and electrolytes.

Apparently I am a task master lol!!

Hubby so kindly picked out Henry's stall. They finally replaced the kick board that they took out months ago so his mats and shavings have actually been staying in his stall!! It felt like we were pulling the mats back in 2-3 times a week FOREVER and I am glad that that is over!





I finally took a pic of my helmet monogram :) I put it on weeks ago but kept forgetting.. not what to use the other two monongrams on... hmmm. And I think I need a crop one now!

Those of you who have done it to your breeches and gloves, how do you like them?

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Part genetic BUT I groom a bunch and try to really balance his diet :)

      Delete
  2. Yay, MONOGRAM! I've done my breeches and gloves. I love how they look, although I'm not sure the breeches one will last that long. The pocket is a rough area - it gets crinkled up a lot, things get shoved over it, etc. But if it did start to come off it would be easy to remove and not leave any kind of lasting evidence, so I don't really think it will be a problem. Just probably not a permanent thing. As far as the gloves, I really like those. Same suspicion there as far as it not really lasting a super long time. I'm ok with that considering how cheap and easy the heat transfers are, but just an FYI in case you're not ok with that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't expect them to last forever but was wondering if they would hold up to washing... esp breeches.

      I'll have to order some more :)

      Delete
    2. I only have one pair done, one of my TS show breeches, so I've only washed once. But it looked no different after washing.

      Delete
  3. Ha, I love that you say "It was in the 80's so not too hot." It's been the same temp here and I've been absolutely MELTING.

    And I love that monogram. I've been meaning to get one for my helmet too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I will take 80's over 100's lol :) Especially super prego!

      Yes you need a helmet monogram! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks :) Just keep grooming just keep grooming :)

      Delete
  5. Loveeee it I think he's ready for you to be back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I haven't wanted to admit this but I think I'm a failure a monograming. I think I need to press the iron on longer or something. The good news is- they peel off without damage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you just need to practice more :) I have only done the sticker ones so I am no help haha!

      Delete
  7. Your helmet looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Trying to keep him in some sort of shape lol

      Delete
  9. Henry and the helmet look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't used the monograms for clothes, but I LOVE the stick on ones. I've done two helmets and my braiding box. Now I am looking around for other stuff to label. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love the sticker ones too!!! That is all i've gotten so far :)

      Delete

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)