Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17th

So Sean had a softball game tonight at 6:00 pm so I had to make it quick at the barn tonight- trying to work Henry while tending to Bayley isn't possible.

I got off work at 4:30 and rushed home and then the barn. I took off all of his fly stuff and we headed to the round pen. I just let him hangout for a while in the round pen and after about 2 min. he went crazy and started lunging himself- full speed ahead! Haha

After he got done with that we got down to work. Worked on more voice commands. He is great going from a walk to a trot and trot to a canter but going down speeds we are still working on. I feel like he is so distracted by what is going on around him - especially outside of the arena.

Anywho after working him we headed over to hose him off and then Sean walked him till he was dry-ish. Then I grazed him some and Sean took over with Bayley. We have a little bit of grass growing out at the barn like it's spring- but it's October and 84 degrees outside. Henry is a bit picky as to what grass he will eat. We probably walked 1/2 a mile all over as he was looking for grass he wanted haha!

Lastly we cleaned his stall, filled his water and gave him his grain- rushing home for Sean to get to his softball game in time.

Tomorrow I am riding if it's the last thing I do!!! Until then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)