Sunday, October 4, 2015

Water Is Falling From the Sky!

Watching the rain as we cooled down Wednesday


Wednesday afternoon I had a fun hack... There were lots of people at the barn and thankfully Henry doesn't care about the chaos.

It was raining so everyone was inside- lots of trying not to get run into or run over. I really really really wish that people knew left left when passing. If only...


We warmed up at the walk, did a nice long walk and then went to the trot.. my goal was to do some shoulder in/out, haunches in/out and leg yields but with like 6 other people all over the place that didn't happen. I just went through the paces and did a little counter canter work after a few of them left.

Dirty mirror selfie :)

Thursday I snuck in a quick 25 min hack before the dentist came.


I had the whole arena to myself so I did lots of long and low and changes of direction. Henry was forward but willing... I really love riding this horse.

Cleaned him up and then he had a dentist appointment... poor guy! I am NOT a fan of the human dentist so it makes me anxious to even watch the horse dentist. lol.. but I learned a lot and made it ;)

Letting the drugs wear off
I waited around for an hour after the appointment was done to make sure that he was ok.. he was still a bit out of it when I left so I came back in the evening to make sure he was ok....


He was ok, even brought a snack for our walk haha!

He's going to get Fri and Sat turn out and then I hope to hack Sunday.

12 comments:

  1. It snowed here this weekend... wth! I hate the human dentist too. Almost as much as Apollo hates the horse dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water has been falling from the sky here for a week now. :( Good news-I haven't watered horses in a week (troughs are full from rain...a 100 gallon and a 50 gallon). Also my pastures look like something straight out of Ireland. Bad news- no riding. Womp womp. Yay for Henry being such a good boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for rain! but boo for overly busy arenas....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes to both! thankfully Henry doesn't mind the chaos!

      Delete
  4. I was SO excited when it was raining earlier this week! Hopefully we get more. Henry is so cute, I got to see him last night :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaaa I missed you!!! Come again when I am there!

      Delete
  5. I was so excited about the rain! I saw a funny internet that is so true:
    Things Californians Get excited about:
    Rain
    When Avocados are on sale
    When it is raining
    In-N-Out
    When water falls from the sky

    ReplyDelete

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)