Tuesday, April 24, 2012

GOOD boy Henry!

Such a good boy tonight!

I attempted to lunge BUT he was soooo lazy so I hopped on and got to work. There was a beginner ish rider getting a lesson so we worked on lots of steering and staying out of the way of her. I rode for about 45 min and that was with only one walk break- so needless to say it was a long process to cool him out and for him to dry.

After trotting around for a while, changing direction and working on being soft and supple I moved onto canter, halt, walk canter transitions. I wanted him to really be listening to me and not just going through the paces. He was pretty good and I was proud of him.

Then we walked for a little bit and then got back to more of the above ... then ended with some more trotting and changing of direction with changing the bend.

Henry was a tired boy after our ride... note the pictures below :)

That was hard, I am tired!

Umm mom the water is rising!
Tomorrow trainer ride, Thursday lesson and hopefully a hack Friday.

**on the dl... i MIGHT be going to a show on May 5th to just school Henry and get him exposed to the world outside the barn.

8 comments:

  1. Good boy Henry! I love when they really start to listen to transitions and work up/down into them, makes a world of difference. Keeping my fingers crossed you get to go to the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe. What a great ride. Yes you should go to school. It would be good for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so exciting!!! Its a great feeling when you know everything is starting to come together :-) And the show will be fun I'm sure, and who knows, maybe if hes awesome you can go into some of the baby classes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fabulous ride! Hope you make that show happen =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i plan to go- i just know i am going to be SO stressed out cause i worry :)

    ReplyDelete

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)