Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Blog Hop: Appreciating What You Have
Let's take a moment to appreciate the Pros of our current ponies, whether you own them or just ride them in lessons.
Henry is amazing, I know I am bias and wouldn't have said that 2 years ago lol!!
- He is game to work and work hard, he has a lets get it done attitude and will give me 100% even if we are both dripping with sweat and have been at it for a long time.
- He has a great mind away from home- the last show in our first Eq flat class- almsot all the horses lost their marbles and Henry was cool as a cucumber- we had horses bucking riders off, taking off, running up our bootie... you get the idea.
- He is always in my pocket and showing affection, sometimes to much but I am not she to correct that lol!
- He is very gentle with Bayley and lets her ride and feed him treats.
- He is a pretty handsome horse- def easy on the eyes!
- He deals with me riding him and trying to figure out this whole process of making a broke horse!
- He's become brave.
- He has more athleticism for jump height then I ever plan to use ;)
- He is making a great hunter :) Now to dapple in the Derby world!
- Hauls really well!
- He's just what I like to ride, not sure if that is b/c of all the work I put into him and have learned to love it?! lol
- He's friendly to other horses and like to play
He's not perfect but I'd like to say we have become a pretty great team. It hasn't been easy to get there but the hard work has paid off! I am sure there are lots more things but lets keep this manageable ;)
Also don't forget to check out Hillary's contest!!