Monday, December 3, 2012

Break in the Rain



This weekend it poooored.. today we have a break in the rain. Not like it's going to dry anything out but it's nice not to run full speed to your car every time you need to go somewhere or get inside.

Henry was off Sunday... Went up twice tho- once to check and make sure he was dry since it stormed like crazy Saturday night and Sunday and once to put a thicker blanket on him since the weather is nutso!!!

I changed the bit on my bridle... 

Going to start hacking once in a while in this bad boy... this is our "show" bit


A couple of Henry's blankets need some TLC so I took 2 in today and will take the other two once I get these two back.

I have 1 Baker blanket and 1 Baker sheet, they both need D rings added for leg straps.

The Big D tag ripped off and is a nice hole :)



His neighbor ripped a hole in the neck piece on top- guess he wanted some air?! lol

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah it won't be lasting long lol :) I actually don't mind the rain since we can still ride inside.

      Delete
  2. No kidding! I feel bad for Pong in the mud but he doesnt seem to care too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rain sounds pretty awful - I like a rainy day every now and then but constant torrential downpours, no thank you!

    What kind of bit is that again? Is it a myler or is that the segunda? My ponies have only used plain, boring snaffles but I love bits and am intrigued by all the different options available now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like a Segunda to me. A little mare I almost purchased went in one for our over fences classes and it was seriously perfect. The one I used had rounded edges so the points of the Segunda weren't as sharp. It was just enough to get her off your hands but not too much to back her off too much... Maybe I need to try one of these for Houston... Hmm...

      Delete
    2. Yep it's a Segunda :) Henry is heavy heavy heavy!

      Hillary maybe you should :)

      Delete
  4. I was going through my pile of blankets the other day and realized a) some tlc also b) I am a blanket hoarder. Serioiusly I inherited all of my husband's family's horse blankets from when they showed Arabians in the 60's-70's. Most of them are light weight, very well made, and high quality but TINY! But they have been used only once or twice and then stored in the basement for 40 years. I put one on my horse and it was like "fat guy in a little coat!" My boy that wears blankets is an 82, and most of the blankets are like 68's...hmmm time to get some tiny ponies! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol hey I am a blanket hoarder too!!! Henry has a big wardrobe! Dang 68's are small... i support you getting a herd of ponies! :)

      Delete
    2. Rumor also has it that we have been given a couple pony carts and a small cutter sleigh...So I mean come on...Its natural that I should have a herd of tiny ponies!

      Delete
    3. ooooo yes you NEED some ponies!!

      Delete

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)