So I headed up to the clinic early early Tuesday morning, I knew that there was going to be some traffic so I wanted to get going early to make sure I got there in lots of time.
|Even had time to get my first Dutch Bros Coffee|
Some points I particularly liked:
- "Leg Hand" ... I think he said it a million times
- Inside leg outside rein- he said he we to dependent on our inside rein... two things so basic but I need to remember to use every step of my rides
- Keep your hands up, don't rest them or hoover them over the horses neck
- Leg leg leg
- Classical dressage is key.. not the competition dressage we see today
- Having a well balanced, supple and fit horse is the most important... way back when they didn't have vets and they had to make sure their horses were fit and healthy
- Shoulder in, haunches in, shoulder out, haunches out- do it
This year he didn't allow any martingales- which was crazy but also cool to see everyone work without them.
Here is a set of pictures that show George the master of his craft ..
|When he first got on|
|Getting more supple...|
|Right before he got off|
This isn't a petting zoo people, they have to deal with the horses issue! (in reference to dealing with horses stopping and being punished) (made me chuckle)
You need to stop eating and start working. (can't believe he said it but hey we all know he doesn't censer)
He's going to take some time off from clinics he said but will be back, hopefully I can ride with him when he comes back :)
I have more pictures on my nice camera that I will post once I get them off it... for now enjoy the cell phone shots lol.
I had a great two days at the clinic and learned lots.