Cowboy got on G and I got on Burt and headed to follow him, watch and learn.
He started with him inside (his first time in an indoor and not a care) to see what he was all about and how he was going to be, lots of making him follow him nose and moving his feet.
Then he went outside and showed him tons of stuff he had never seen before and he took it all in stride... we went all over their property, over logs, through rivenes, up hills, down hills, by all the buildings, over a tarp... you get the point.
He even swung his rope off him and threw it and didn't care woot!
|G with the Cowboy and Burts cute ears :)|
Some homework, not necessarily new to me but I want to document it all:
- Just get on and move his feet around
- No contact on his face when going forward to start
- Getting him to move his face left and right when i ask, when I ask drop the rein I am not using - if he doesn't come bump him don't get in a pulling war
- If he takes the wrong lead, it's ok go with it for a min, bring him back to a trot and ask again, he will get it
- If he doesn't get something, move on and do something else- don't stress about it
- I can start to ask for some contact as he gets going and his feet are moving
- Go outside and just ride around, give him a job and show him everything
|So tired after his ride lol|
Yay G and yay me for doing well :)
Can't wait till he is more broke!!
Hopefully we can get another cowboy ride or two in this month!