Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday+ Chai+ Cookies

It's Friday!!!



Thursday- Henry got a trainer hack, they said he was great and looked great.

Then I took a lesson later in the day on Magic. Henry was confused and appalled when I went down to get Magic and didn't take him out lol!

I like Magic but oh how I love my horse way more! Magic is a point and shoot horse and does great at that.. but when you want to jump a course and get the distances- it's hard work or different then I am used to. He was great to flat around and easy to ride till I expected more of him. haha!

It was WAY TO HOT out. I flatted around and then we jumped- warming up over a little vertical.

Then we did a course: line in 6, left turn/roll back to the rainbows oxer, right turn to the red white blue oxer, left very tight turn to the gate and another left tight turn to the box (no standards).

Things went much better when I got after him (then he threw a fit b/c i got after him lol)... We had more go and everything came easier.

It was good for me to ride something else, especially something that has solid training and but makes me work in ways that Henry doesn't. It also felt good to jump- now only if it wasn't so hot things would have been even better!

Cooled him out... another kid had a lesson so I handed him off and went to drink water, put ice on my neck to cool me off and sit down.






It's another hot day today so idk what my plan is tonight but i'll take a lesson again tomorrow and we shall see how homeboy is doing :)

18 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of the heat and really don't know how you do it! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am not either.. especially when you feel like you are going to throw up from the heat haha!

      Delete
  2. Glad you got to jump, its nice being able to ride something that is very schooled,albeit cranky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep! I don't mind his attitude it was just hard work for me lol!!!

      Delete
  3. So tired of the heat. It's killing me slowly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's been 99- and supposed to be high of 103 this weekend and into next week- UGH!

      Delete
  4. Hot and raining over here complete with thunderstorms. :( That's really cool that you got to ride a different horse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so funny when horses get jealous of each other's attention! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heat sucks. Stay cool out there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Yes... we need a covered arena with AC :)

      Delete
  8. And that's why, as much as I dislike how damn cold it gets here, I could never live in a climate like yours. I would melt, I swear.

    ReplyDelete

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)