Last night didn't go as planned..
Henry has had a splint for a few weeks. He hasn't been off and I've been icing it.
Last night he wasn't right. I trotted him a little, tried to ride on softer ground (yeah right, the big outside arena is um yeah) and he didn't feel better so I have decided that he is off for a few days to get everything right.
Hand walking and cold hosing for us! WOOT :) But for real, anything for him- I really love this horse! Gotta get this boy healed up while it's something small!
Cash's Steppin Up and Life of Riley nominated me for the Liebster awards.. since I already did it, I'll be sure to answer their questions:
- What's your biggest fear as a rider? Making a bad decision as a rider and causing an accident for Henry and myself.
- Who's your favorite rider and why? I really respect my trainer, she grew up in a riding family but wasn't handed all the perfect made horses. She worked hard and is an amazing horse woman with a wealth of knowledge!
- What's the most useful piece of advice someone's given you as a horse owner? Go with your gut, you know your horse best.
- How old were you when you got your first horse? 22, had to buy her myself :)
- Burghley, Badminton, or Rolex? Rolex
- Quick, you're trapped on a desert island, what three things do you bring? Food, family and Henry!
- If you could could have dinner with anyone (alive or dead, famous or not) who would it be? My grandma, I miss her and wish she lived closer.
- Favorite guilty pleasure? CANDY, seriously I love candy
- Tell me three things on your bucket list.1. Horsey Vacation 2. Own horse property and private facility 3. Take a LONG tropical vacation with my hubby
- If you could ride any well known horse who would it be and why? Gem Twist
- Would you rather: Ride without stirrups for the rest of your life OR have one arm tied behind your back at all times? If I was riding Henry, no stirrups... a softer horse, idk :)
- How long have you owned/leased your horse/s? 7 years owned... leased many times before that
- If you were going to be trapped on an island with only three things, what would you take? Food, family and Henry!
- What kind of saddle do you use? Frank Baines
- English or Western? English
- When you aren't riding, what do you like to do? Being a mom/wife! :)
- Is your family supportive of your riding? Yep
- Favorite food & drink? Dr Pepper and Thai
- What breed is your horse? TB baby :)
- Favorite horse-related movie? Hmmm not sure
- What is your favorite animal other than a horse? Dog
- Favorite song? Well I love Lifehouse and Henry's show name is All In (one of my fav Lifehouse songs) but I like their song Everything too.