Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hump Day






This warm muggy weather is WEIRD!

Tuesday got to the barn, put my ice boot inserts in the freezer, got Henry, groomed, tacked up, got on and walked Henry a lunch around the indoor while everyone else got on.

We headed outside.. I wasn't too stoked on this because the ground was hard as usual so I tried to not ride on the rail and not take and corners sharply.

Henry is feeling better but after all the walking/hosing/icing/hacking I have done I want to make sure he is 110% before we jump again :)

Flatted around with everyone and then while others jumped, I worked on no stirrups. I am doing this every ride to build up on my strength :)

Cooled him out, hosed off his back, iced his legs, grained him, cleaned tack, took him home and gave kisses!

Off today, something for Henry tomorrow and a lesson on another horse for me, probably a trainer hack Friday and another hack Saturday.



Review on the ice boots after one use:
- They are easy to use
- Stayed on him well
- They are well made
- They weren't cold at all when I took them off and the area didn't feel as cool as i would have liked either so I am putting them in the deep freezer to see if that gets them colder then a normal freezer. I will try again tomorrow and let you all know :)

21 comments:

  1. Did the boots have enough time to freeze? My trainers live in the freezer. Hope the deep freezer works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I had them in the freezer (like normal kitchen one) for about 6 hours... so I am going to try the deep freezer and see if that gets them cooler :)

      Delete
  2. ^ What Hill said. Our ice packs for jordan and myself live in the freezer unless they are on us. Hope the deep freezer works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking I will cold hose his leg after rides to get the initial heat down and then the ice packs can do their thing better.

      Delete
  3. Bahhh no stiruuupppss. My thighs start to burn at the thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl mine are burning today after 2 days of it.. ugh I need to get stronger!

      Delete
    2. Same here. I need to get back to the gym badly haha

      Delete
  4. Good on you for doing all that no stirrups. Hope the deep freezer works better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Yeah I hope the deep freezer helps too!

      Delete
  5. I've had the same problem with the ice packs I have for myself -- they don't get cold enough and get too warm too quickly when I use them. Let us know how the deep freeze works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh no stirrup work, I think you should jump Grumpy around tomorrow and get some video so I can watch how he's supposed to go ;) I think cooling his leg and getting the boots colder will help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is who i am riding woo hoo! lol

      Delete
  7. Used to be the queen of no stirrups, but alas, it has been a long time. Once I'm firmly back in the saddle, I've got to go back to that. Glad Henry is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suck at keeping it integrated in my riding.. I'm trying to change that :)

      Delete
  8. I only wish I could be there for your lesson tomorrow! Have fun! Good call on waiting to jump until H is 100% better. We're on jumping hiatus too until after the wedding at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha gotta keep that body of yours wedding ready! :)

      Delete
  9. Hopefully the deep freezer will do the trick!

    ReplyDelete

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)