Saturday, May 23, 2015

John 15:13

I've been in a funk lately and haven't blogged or ridden much... I lost a dear friend of 17 years this last week in a senseless way- It angers me. Hug your loved ones... I have been spending lots of extra time with mine.



Thursday I was hoping to jump in on the 4 pm lesson BUT hubby didn't get home till 4:40 ish sooooo a hack it was for me.

I had all my stuff out and ready to tack up once hubby got there... and the arena to myself :)

I flatted around and then went to work...

- No stirrup work
- Counter bending
- Moving his hip both ways

Great workout for us both!

Cooled out and groomed him all up .. then we went outside to graze a little while I braided his tail.

Hubby works all weekend so turn outs for Henry till Monday.



Anyone else have Leg Protection info they want to share? Please :)

16 comments:

  1. I'm a polo wrap girl. But usually only if there is a need, like to support an old injury, or a horse that regularly bangs themselves.

    Sorry about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan!

      I love a horse in a nice set of polos!!

      Delete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you healing energy... losing a friend can suck the joy out of life... cherish the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the loss of your friend :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so sorry for you loss. We will see our loved ones again in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Take all the time you need/want - we'll all be here when you are ready to come back. :)

    p.s. I don't boot up unless going out on the trails (and even then I forgot to this past hunter pace).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funeral is this weekend... it's going to be rough but good closure :)

      Delete
  7. So sorry for your loss. :-(

    In regards to leg protection, it kind of depends on my mood. For the most part we jump in Eskadrons, however those are starting to get ratty and I'm kind of thinking of replacing them with the Roma open front and ankle boots. For schooling it depends on what we're doing. A lot of the time we will go bare legged, especially in the winter because I feel like all the wet and muck must be uncomfortable with the polos and boots. Sometimes I'll do polos on the flat but if I'm in a hurry I might just slap on a set of boots. I really want a set of the patent pink open front and ankle boots from Birch Lane Saddlery or the patent pink DSB Boots to add to my collection though.

    I also have a lovely set of Beval leather open fronts and ankle boots that I don't use anymore if anyone is looking for some nice show boots! *winkwink* :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sorry to hear of your friend. Sending warm vibes to you.

    ReplyDelete

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)