Thursday, June 6, 2013

35

Henry had yesterday off and today he got a nice turnout :)



1: A time you've been scared for your life on horseback.
I can't say I have been scared for my life but nervous and a chicken yes lol

2: There's a huge party at your friends house or you could have a lesson on the same night, which do you go to?
I'd ride and go to the party late :)

3: Favorite markings a horse can have.
I am dying for a bay horse with a white blanket!!

4: Would you rather deal with bolting, rearing or bucking?
Bolting

5: Agree or disagree; To have good eq means to be a good rider?
disagree

6: If you could try any discipline on any horse for 1 day, what discipline and what horse?
reining

7: 3 horses you'd want to ride/meet the most?
Jersey Boy- seems like a really really cool horse!
Gem Twist- we know i love grays!
Maddy- my heart horse, wish I could have her back

8: On a scale of 1-10 how good would you say your seat is?
I think Henry has improved my seat so 6 or 7? I'm not the best but I'm not horrible.

9: One of your goals for the next year, horse-wise.
Go to some shows and do better then last year :) We are more composed this year, yeah!

10: Would you rather teach lessons or train horses?
none of the above, I like taking lessons and working with my horse.

11: Have you ever given a lesson for money?
Worked for someone giving lessons yes

12: If you were a trainer, would you want to train little kids, pre-teens, teens or adults?
Whom ever is a good student and WANTS to be there.

13: Have you ever ridden someone's horse for money?
Nope, almost got a job riding for money but didn't take it. 

14: If given the opportunity, would you exercise track horses?
Yes I think it would be fun!

15: On a scale of 1-10 what is your confidence like in the saddle?
right now, 7

16: 3 things you need to work on, riding-wise?
Shoulders back, even weight in the stirrups (left ankle will appreciate it) and to trust Henry more

17: 3 things your horse needs to work on.
Stop hanging on my left rein, eliminate the idea of stopping out of his brain ... thats all I can complain about right now.

18. Top 3 favorite riders?
George Morris
Beezie Madden
my bff Rachel

19: Is there anyone you'd say is a bad rider ? (don't give names)
 I don't care much for the Saudi team riders. (agree with L)

20: Are you better on the flat or over fences?
I feel like Henry and I have made a team in both but prefer to jump.

21: How high do you think you've jumped?
3'3"?

22: How high do you think your horse would be capable of jumping?
Trainer says he will make a really nice 4 ft horse- eeek that scares me to jump that big

23: Opinion on tackless riding.
Not my thing

24: Have you ever lied or over-dramatized anything about your riding?
I'm sure, I am NOT one to brag about how good I am- I'd rather people come to their own conclusion.

25: Do you think you're a good rider?
I am always get better!

26: Ever had barn drama?
of course

27: Favorite things about the barn you're at?
I've found a great trainer and it's close to home!

28: Will you show next year? If so in what?
hopefully!

29: Plans for your horse over the next year?
keep the forward progress and hopefully more show ring miles

30: Would you share your tack with people?
i refer not to unless I know they are someone who will treat it as well as I do or better

31: Has a horse ever shattered your confidence?
I don't think a horse has but having a baby sure did!

32: Ever been scared to get on a horse?
you bet!

33: Do you get nervous before shows?
Yes very

34: Hunters or Jumpers?
Hunters

35: Last time you fell off? What happened? Were you hurt?
Henry slammed on the breaks on and smacked my face on his neck, flipped me over his shoulder and I landed on my feet. I wanted to kill him for stopping at a 2 ft fence and trying to kill me in the process. My back was/is jacked up but it's ok ill live.

8 comments:

  1. A lot of your answers are close to what mine would be! Going to do this on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I am against tackless riding now as well after my ride last night!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol it's a newly formed opinion from experience ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness how scary! But on a positive note, look how sexy Henry's neck is, I'm jealous. How do you keep them so fat with no grass!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He gets lots of food lol! 5 flakes a day (CA bales are larger then everywhere else) and 4-6 quarts of Strategy :)

      Delete

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)