Monday, February 24, 2014

Slacker

Man I am failing at this blog posting thing!

I know I don't say it enough but I really do love my horse :)


Wednesday Henry got a light work out... lots of warming up and just getting him moving.

Hubby and B came so it was nice to have the help!

Friday Henry got a trainer ride... he was a gem :)

Here are some videos-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVPvIQMJkL4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuxZhfGKc3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hf0QL-WeRI

Saturday I turned him out, we think he might have a stone bruise- since we have nothing pending and I am in baby cooking mode I am just letting him take it easy for now- no need to push anything :)

Sunday it was amazing weather out, it's been tooooo long since Henry has a bath or even hosing. I know we are in a drought so I gave him a bath using the littlest water I could- a quick body hose down and scrub, quick man part washing and tail condition. He has so much dried sweat on him it was nasty what came off when the water hit him!







B and I spend about 3 hours soaking in the sun, tending to Henry, filling waters, cleaning, hanging out and chatting with everyone!

Henry had a good amount of time out hoovering ever blade of grass and drying- he even rolled into the hot wire fence that separates the "turn outs" which was funny cause I told him not to roll!! Should have listened to mom :)

More grazing while I cleaned his stall and filled the water.

Hubby and I are going to go on a date tonight, so Henry will get the night off. If he is feeling better- I'll do a light hack tomorrow, another light hack Wed if he is ok, off Thursday, trainer ride Friday and idk Saturday.

The forecast says that rain is coming so im glad I got a layer of dirt off of him before the next gets layered on ha!

16 comments:

  1. I so wish it was warm enough to bathe my horse... she is absolutely revolting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous you got to bathe!! Henry looks spectacular :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to jump on it while the weather and time permitted!

      Delete
  3. Can I send out rain your way please? I'm tired of mud :( Yay for date night, have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are supposed to get more on Wed... blah! But thanks for the sweet offer ;)

      Delete
  4. So jealous of the weather you have there. With all the snow we have I haven't seen the ground in forever. Wish we had some nice grass here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its crazy how fast the green showed up once we got some precipitation!!!

      Delete
  5. You're not a slacker! You are BUSY! Your handsome chestnut looks stellar! Go Henry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, but thankfully i like being busy! :) Thanks it was SO nice to clean him up!

      Delete
  6. I can't wait for bath time!

    Take it easy, baby cookin' is hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This baby is harder then B!!! Almost half way done!

      Delete
  7. Lucky you with weather warm enough to bathe, would love to scrub loose hairs from mine; Nancy is shedding something awful - could use help from hose ;-)
    Enjoy date night & some low key hacking while baby cooking :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henry is clipped but still shedding like crazy too, I have been curing him ever day which helps a lot!! :)

      Thanks girl!

      Delete

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)