Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Blog Hop: Continuation School



Why do you continue to ride?

Only a horse person would understand- it's apart of me. 

Horses have been apart of my life for 22 years.. with about a total of a year in there of little breaks. I don't know life without them since they came into my life at the age of 8.

It is something that I have poored and invested SO much of my time, energy and money into- something I know I can do and am competent at.

I don't know where I got the horse bug because my parents are not horse people- none of my family is ha!

At the age of 8 my mom said if I called around and found a place to take lessons- I could take lessons. Little did she know that I would really do it :)

And so started the life time commitment... starting lessons, riding in shows, riding in high school, to riding in college and buying my first horse.

It's expensive- but I feel it's worth it. I don't shop for clothes, we don't take vacations or even day trips, don't have a nice car, live in a smaller house.. you get the point :)

22 years later I am still at it and won't quit!


12 comments:

  1. You are a great example of continuing your horse life into adulthood! I had a friend who just had a baby and she was told more than once that she'd want to stop riding after she had her son! She is determined to be back at a dressage show by the end of the summer- I'll have to tell her about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can do it!! It's all about making time and it a priority! :)

      This is baby #2 and I plan to keep it up :)

      Delete
  2. I'm also the only horse person in my family. My parents thought I'd "grow out of it." Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same exact story as a kid. No one in my family is horsey but I started bugging my parents about getting lessons when I was 8 and they told me if I called and found a place for lessons, they'd let me do them. And so I did! Look where we ended up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep go us! They shouldn't have given us the choice lol

      Delete

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)