Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tuesday Feb 7th + Wednesday Feb 8th

First off I need to wish my baby girl a happy 1st birthday! I love her so much and we are so thankful for her- she really is the best kid ever!


Ok back on track- last nights lesson... It rained earlier in the day/night before so I was expecting to have a muddy horse BUT he was actually pretty clean. Took off his blanket and groomed/tacked up. I didn't think he was going to be to full of it when lunging but was I wrong... he had a good amount of steam to blow off ha!

Time to get on! He was good for our ride- there were only 4 of us in the arena/lesson so it was a good- not to much commotion or peeps doing their thing :)

Henry felt good, relaxed for most of the time (minus a few spooks here and there) and like he was listening to me. He tends to get heavy and so we have been working on half halts. Also still working on getting that canter together and constant speeds- again half halts.

I know my posture isn't good and last night I was looking in the mirrors and my shouldn't were as rounded as they have been BUT I am tilted forward with my upper body- I've got to figure out how to fix this cause I want my posture to be good... perfect would be nice too but right now im just looking for good haha!

Wednesday was a trainer ride. I wasn't able to make it out since they rode at 9 am but I got a good report- he was good and they did some gymnastics- jumped him 2'6-2'9... he only stopped once which is good too. Gotta break that habit asap! My trainer said she hopes he sees the light soon cause this stopping things isn't ok.

Tomorrow I'll hack, another trainer ride Friday and lesson Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)