Wednesday, January 2, 2013

End of 2012 and the Begining of 2013

I didn't make it out to ride Saturday but I did make it out to turn out the wild stallion...







Sunday I had plans to ride but my mom decided to come into town sooooo I did a quick lunge (she wasn't supposed to arrive till 4 ish and she came at 2, I had headed to the barn at 1:15), groomed, grained and put him away.

Monday he had a trainer ride... I was able to watch and it went well. I hopped on and cooled him off as they had other lessons to get to with little kiddos.

Yep you know you are a horse person when you start your new year with a ride :) Yep that was the one thing on my must do list for the day... well other then spend my last day with my sweet daughter before I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Henry and Blue saying hi

I rode with E and J... it was nice to have some buddies to ride with :) I was just hacking and my goal for the ride was the 1) use my new reins and 2) get him soft and listening with as little "making" as possible.






Walked him for a long time to cool him out while I watched the lesson that was going on in the arena.

Untacked, groomed, cleaned, re blanketed, love on him...







Lesson Wednesday, off Thursday, hack Friday, lesson Saturday.

16 comments:

  1. It is so GREEN there!! Everywhere I look here is grey and white. Sky is gray, ground is white, trees are bare and gray...At least it warmed up to 20 degrees today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great new years ride :) I didn't make it out, but finally get to get back to my Simon schedule today! I'm glad you're feeling better and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :) Hope you have a great ride on Simon!

      Delete
  3. Excuse me as I experience major paddock envy. Your fences are so pretty and white and your fields are so GREEN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That isn't where Henry lives if that makes you feel any better... its one of the pasture boards and I snuck him in there to graze :)

      Delete
  4. It's awesome having mates to ride with :)
    All the best for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, kinda a cold mud put here...very jealous! Love the horse kiss pic :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a big mud pit here too with some sun now lol

      Delete
  6. Glad you're feeling better! I rode Tuesday too.. Just have to get my butt in gear and blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why does it have to be so expensive in CA? So pretty - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha i know right?! Really horse poor here!

      Delete
  8. Glad to hear you're feeling better, Karley. And I love how you refer to your gelding as the "wild stallion". ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Yeah he can be crazy sometimes haha!

      Delete

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)