Wednesday, December 11, 2013

5 Day Challenge Day 4

Mean muggin the cows
FIRST! I got notice that my blogger gift was shipped out yesterday! :)

Our lesson got canceled last night but I still decided to hack.  There was a jumping lesson going on inside so it made my hack interesting. I was trying to stay out of their way cause I HATE it when I am having a lesson and someone hacking gets in my way.

The girls thanked me for being so aware of them and staying way out of their way. :)

So basically I just hacked to get Henry moving, I really couldn't work on much since they were jumping from every angle.

Post Ride .. all tucked in :)



16. One thing you'd like to change about your horse
That he would never stop ever again. I wish that little thought in the back of my head wasn't there and that I knew that he wasn't ever going to stop.. yes please!

17. Your horse's future
I'd like to do a derby one day... and be competitive/place well!


18. Your worst show ever
I can't say I have had a catastrophic show. I have had shows where I felt like I was robbed or things didn't go fair but that happens in anything that there is human influence.

19. Favorite horse show venue
That I have shown at recently, Starr Vaughn Equestrian Center.

Otherwise I'd love to go to Palm Beach Event Center, KHP.. really any of the big A shows are good with me. I love taking it all in.. and shopping!!

20. Your show day routine   
I do best when I don't have to rush so having enough time to lunge, groom, tack up and school is ideal.  In my ideal world, my class is ready to go when I am ready- BUT you know the hunter world, that NEVER happens so then I sit there and worry till it's my turn ;)

8 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be nice if horses had a "no stop" button you could turn on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It would make things a whole lot different!

      Delete
  2. I had a retired steeplechase. She was nuts - I loved her anyway - but her silver lining was that she NEVER stopped. Ever. Over anything. I'd kill to have another like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes with the no stopping gene, you can deal with a lot of other "things" lol .. sounds like a special horse! :)

      Delete
  3. Doing a derby is on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you mean by hacking? When I take my horses for a hack its out on the farm - a trail ride. What did you mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flatting around (WTC)- not a lesson. We aren't allowed to jump on our own out of a lesson :)

      Delete

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)