Monday, December 2, 2013

Riding anything and everything!

Back at work, BLAH!

Saturday I went out to Grayson in the morning and rode 2 horses at my bff's parents house. Man I really miss being there with them! I am happy that Grayson is there for now, it's a great place to be but also for him to get to do a lot of things.

I mean he went on the hot walker for the first time with all the big horses and didn't bat an eye- good baby!

Riding Rocky bare back

After that I headed to the barn to ride Henry with my barn buddies.

Got Henry, tacked up, did a quick lunge and we headed down to the lower arena.






The ground was freshly groomed and it was a beautiful day.

I warmed up with hacking through the paces. Then I decided that we would use the big open space to practice some counter canter. Started going left (so right lead) and he gave me a PERFECT lead change ha oops! I told him he was a good boy and tried again making sure to really push his hip out. Low and behold he was amazing! Both directions were perfect and I made sure to not use more then 1/3 of the big arena so that we were really testing both of us.

I was so happy with him that I ended on that. Chatted and walked around while the others finished out :)





Untacked, groomed, hock booted, grained, cleaned and loved on my boy.

I know I expect a lot from him and most of our rides are all serious/work but man I love this horse and am so thankful for him!

Picked up Graysons first bag of grain :)

Sunday

Henry got turned out.

I played pretend Reiner on Nita

Riding 4 horses in 2 days was a blast!

I am so excited about Grayson and this next year getting him ready to be ridden. Anyone who has raised a baby, share your best tips/adive with me pretty please. I feel super confident doing this and know that it's going to me awesome!

Hack on Henry tonight and a sesh Grayson, lesson on Henry tomorrow, day off for Henry and out to work with Grayson, hopefully a hack on Henry and time with Grayson Thur, some TLC for both boys Friday and B's first "show" and Graysons first outing Saturday as well as a hack for Henry :)

Hopefully I can get Grayson and Henry in a mini pasture together soon :) Driving to two places every day will be interesting!

19 comments:

  1. I have a book for you to read about babies! I'll gladly let ya borrow it provided there is starbucks and hanging out involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not experienced with young babies, but I did work with one from 1 1/2 years and up. For one solid year or so we worked on longing, long-reining, tacking, working with the tack, side reins, clipping, trailering, sacking out, ground manners, turn on the forehand/haunches, etc (everything you can do with a baby that doesn't involve riding!). We backed him when he was 2 1/2 - 3 years of age and because of all the ground work he was a perfect gentleman under saddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The people I got him from did a great great job starting him, he leads like a champs and ties/stands like an old man! I plan to do everything but get on him right now :)

      Delete
  3. You definitely have your plate full!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day! Grayson is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great schedule!!! I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never a dull or free moment but it's a-ok with me :)

      Delete
  6. It's cool that you are raising a colt. I don't know much about babies, but you can probably find books or online resources.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a full plate for you! And we need lots of baby pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's full but I love it! :)

      Yes lots of baby pictures! Now if only it wasn't dark at 5 pm ugh!

      Delete
  8. Step 1: geld him!
    Babies are fun and will test your patience but in the end so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yep that will happen once his other ball drops :)

      Delete
  9. Groomed arena is like groomed snow haha

    ReplyDelete

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)