Tuesday, December 3, 2013

40

Henry got a nice "work out" on his own doing running a muck in the turn out last night while I talked to the BO about what spots are available for me to put Grayson/Henry together.

Grayson got some grain and love. Hopefully he will be out at the barn soon so that I can tend to both horses each night :)



1. Favorite thing about riding? I feel like I am good at it. No I am not perfect but I have been doing it for quite some time now and feel mostly competent when I ride :)

2. Draft horse or pony? I want a pony SO bad!

3. English or western? English is my home but I enjoy western now and again.

4. Dressage or Hunter/Equitation? Hunter/Eq

5.Green horse or trained horse? Green horses always seem like a good idea, are hell to get through and then awesome when you get to the other side :)

6. Worst fall? When I was younger I got clothes lined on a jump.. more recently Henry slamming on the brakes, smashed my face and then I fell off or when he slammed on the brakes and I flipped over his shoulder and landed on my feet- jacking up my back.

7. First fall, what happened? Some people were cutting trees, they dropped a BIG ol branch next to the arena and the cracking of the branch and then it hitting the ground spooked the horse and she took off and left me right where we were ha!

8. Have you ever wanted to quit riding? Yes, its hard to balance work, missing B when I am at work all day and leaving her to go ride, home life and not ever having down time... 



9. Favorite thing about your horse? We have developed a great relationship and he has a great work ethic :) He also doesn't hold grudges which I am SO thankful for!

10. Least favorite thing about riding? Falling off

11. What does the fox say? Have ya'll watched the video? It's WEIRD!

12. Do you prefer to ride inside or outside? If I am alone I like to flat inside.. but i prefer to jump/lesson outside.

13. Do you show? When all the cards line up.. money, hubby home, trainer available, Henry and I game :)

14. How long have you been riding? Since I was 7 with 2 years off (one in college and a few months after)

15. Why did you start riding? I loved horses, I wanted to take lessons and my parents told me if I found a trainer and lessons I could start.. so I called around and found a place at the age of 7 :)

16. How many times a week do you ride? 4 but it will probably be 4-5 soon.



17. Have you ever fallen off at a show? How? *Knock on wood* Not at a show and I don't want to experience that...

18. Ever fallen onto a jump? Yes I have been clothes lines on one, not fun.

19. Ever been bucked off? Yep, I can thank Brodie for that. Hubby was there to see it and he was freaked out, I was pissed and made sure that he saw his life flash before his eyes.

20. Do you have a private or group lesson? Both but more group.

21. In your opinion does it make you less of a rider if you don't own a horse? Nope, as long as you are riding constantly and improving your skills- id say thats a rider :)

22. Trick riding or eventing? Um ill watch both ;)

23. What discipline do you want to try? Why? Reining.. like do a pattern. I've ridden reiners just not done a pattern.

24. What is your goal in riding? I'd love to do a Derby or a Medal Final.


 

25. Ever had barn drama? Seems like it never goes away!

26. How many barns have you been too? Boarded at? 3

27. Do you plan on having horses in your life, for the rest of your life? You bet!

28. Favorite tumblr equestrian? N/A

29. Favorite tumblr horse? N/A

30. If you could ride any famous horse (dead or alive) who would it be? Why? Gem Twist... lovely horse and he's gray ;)

31. Does winning ribbons matter to you? If I know that I did well and earned it yes, but Henry being awesome and us leaving the ring feeling accomplished it better.

32. Do you show? When I can :)



33. Worst riding experience? Any time falling off I think... It really rocks me.

34. Ever been on a trail ride? Yep

35. Hunter or Jumper? Hunter

36. Why did you start riding? B/c I loved horses and wanted to, every little girl does right?

37. Ever wanted to buy a school horse? Yes one of the first school horses I rode was Adam, a retired Grand Prix horse who was amazing. I LOVED him!

38. Do you want to board or own your own property? On day I dream of owning my own horse property and managing it. I don't want to train but would love to be the BO/BM :)

39. Ever ridden a horse 17hh+? Yep Adam and this horse Tucker at my hs

40. Ever ridden a horse 13hh or under? When I was a kid yes :)

5 comments:

  1. I have never ridden anything under 14hh! Jealous I love ponies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juggling things is hard but at least Grayson is at a point that you don't need to do much and Henry is past the hump so you can focus more on B and your family if you want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep just lots of handling and experiencing daily life for Grayson and keeping Henry conditioned. We will get a routine :)

      Delete
  3. I love reading these questionnaires!

    ReplyDelete

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)