Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Frame?

Last night = a 45 min fight.


Henry was not into being in a frame. He wasn't to go around wide eyed and focused on anything he could to spook. When he is in his frame and working he can't focus on everything else and be an idiot... so we fought and fought and fought. I ended up going to a canter after a while of fighting at the trot to see if that would help- nope didn't.


Kept fighting.


Finally he gave in a tinny bit. Not what I wanted but we were making progress. I ended up working on staying in his frame - halt, walk, trot, walk, trot, halt, walk... you get the picture. He actually went best with a longer rein and staying in a low "hunter" frame- except when we went by "the side" and jump. I continues to work around the arena but eventually just worked in that spot because he was being stupid. I went around and around and around that spot- making sure I didn't change anything in my body or hands- till he decided to relax and go by nicely.


After 2 or 3 times by it I called it quit... cooled him out.


Going to talk to my trainer about this cause something's gotta give. I want to be able to walk into that show ring next month knowing that I have a good feel of a frame.


Trainer ride today, lesson tomorrow, trainer ride Friday, lesson Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Henry and I love to hear from you guys! Leave us comments!!! :)